DoH and DoT
A&A run DNS over HTTPS (DoT) and DNS over TLS (DoT) resolves. There is information here: https://aa.net.uk/dns which includes information on privacy and the terms and conditions.
As of September 2019, this is considered a 'trial' service, but is expected to continue and be an 'official' service for customers.
Help with browsers and devices
- Scroll down to Network Setting...
- Scroll down and tick 'Enable DNS over HTTPS' and enter in a Custom provider: https://dns.aa.net.uk/dns-query
Checking your browser
In your Firefox URL bar, type:
about:networking and enter. Then click DNS on the left, and you should see your DNS lookups, and they shoudl have TRR (Trusted Recursive Resolver) listed as true.
DoH is expected to be a feature in Chrome version 78
DoT is supported in Android version 9 and up
- Search for “DNS” in settings search bar
- Go to PrivateDNS setting screen
- Tap 'Private DNS provider hostname', and Set: dns.aa.net.uk
- Click Save
Using DOH with curl
Note: curl version 7.62.0 or above is required, here's an example:
curl --doh-url https://dns.aa.net.uk/dns-query https://www.aa.net.uk
This will download the www.aa.net.uk webpage but would have used the DOH server to resolve the DNS.