AAISP don't block any ports on the Internet services we provide, we do suggest that customers use FireWalls to protect their networks.
No Network Caches
AAISP don't run any http proxies or caches.
No Filtering Web Pages
We support the IWFs efforts to take down websites at source.
There is lots of software and hardware solutions available for people to filter their web browsing from their side of the network - e.g. hardware firewalls or proxies with content filters, or software installed on individual computers, or even using third-party services. Below are some suggestions. (These are only linked for your information, we cannot endorse these products/services, and cannot vouch for their quality or effectiveness)
Here are some suggestions for filtering web pages on your own network (this isn't a comprehensive list):
- OpenDNS have a parental control service where you simply change the DNS servers you use to get a level of filtering/protection
- K9 Webprotection is software for various devices to filter internet activity
- Fox Filter is a plugin for the Firefox web browser and for Chrome.
- Dans Guardian is a content filter server which you'd install and maintain on your own network
There are other commercial solutions, e.g. from Symantec, Barracuda, Microsoft and many more etc., your browser or operating system may already have some level of filtering available. Still be careful when using filtering systems, as there is probably not 1 that can 100% guarantee its effectiveness.
General Internet Safety
- A good starting point is the Governments Get Safe Online site and the Wikipedia Internet Safety page
Please see these pages on the main AA website: