Software on the ZyXEL web site may well be older than the version that we are using. Since we started using these routers we have submitted various bug reports and have had software updates from ZyXEL. Here are the details regarding software releases: (Latest first)
|2015-10||V1.00(AAJZ7)D0 (Release 7)||.zip Notes||Due March 2016||Not yet tested by AAISP, release notes are rather sparse!|
|2015-07||V1.00(AAJZ6)C1 (Release 6)||.zip||tar.gz ReadMe.txt||This release does not fix any of the bugs that we have reported over the past few months, for this reason we are not making this release available via our Control Pages, and we await Release 7 for which we have been told by ZyXEL: "The scope for AAJZ7 is already in discussion and we are pushing to get as many of A&A’s open tickets in to it"|
|2015-04||V1.00(AAJZ.5)C0 (Release 5)||X||.zip||Fixes (among other things) the port 1 negotiation problems that we reported. As of 2015-05 routers are provided with this version applied. Release notes are in the .zip file|
|2015-03||1.00(AAJZ.3)C0 (Release 3)||N/A||The original factory-release firmware|
- Usually applying the firmware yourself to an AAISP supplied router is not required or recommended. Updates can be applied via the Control Pages. The files are listed above for your information as they also include the release notes.
- The 'Live' flag shows which version is currently being shipped by AAISP and will be sent to a router that has been factory reset.
- 2015-07-17: We have been told "The scope for AAJZ7 [release 7] is already in discussion and we are pushing to get as many of A&A’s open tickets in to it"
- The configuration file that we generate for your line will be based upon the 'live' software version. This means that if a router is running older software it will need to be upgraded before a new configuration can be sent.
- See the VMG1312: Bugs page for problems we have found with the software and configuration.
- Where possible we will request and the GPL'd software used and will add it to the table above, you may find the latest code at: FTP server for OSS else use the form here to request it: ZyXEL GPL Page
Control Page options for upgrading software
The control page will show if the current software version on the router and if it is up to date or not:
If there is a new software version available then it can be upgraded:
Upgrading when in Bridge mode
When in bridge mode the ZyXEL router will not have access to the internet itself, and so won't have a way to upgrade in this state. To upgrade you need to reset the router by holding in the reset button. This then reverts the config back to our default, it will then log in, upgrade, then log in again and will get a new config sent to it. At that point it will be back to Bridge mode running latest software.