This page has information about the CityFibre provided ONT - the box that connects the CityFibre fibre connection to your own router.
There are four LEDs on the CityFibre ONT:
- LED 1 (Left) – Power, can be Green/Red/Amber
- LED 2 – Broadband
- LED 3 – Service
- LED 4 (Right) - Ethernet
Normal state of the LEDs
When working properly this is the state each light should be in, indicating a good connection/service:
- Power: Solid Green - Device has booted up ok
- Broadband: Solid Green - physical connection is established to the fibre
- Service: Solid Green - Internet service has been established
- Ethernet: Green - connected to your router
There is no end user access to the ONT's configuration or status pages. There are two things a customer can perform though:
Reboot the CityFibre ONT
You can pull the power cable, wait a few seconds and plug it back in again. This is safe to do and will mean the ONT reboots and reconnects to the fibre network.
Reset the CityFibre ONT
Use a paperclip, or similar, and hold in the reset switch for 10-15 seconds. This will cause a reboot and factory reset of the ONT.