DoH and DoT
A&A run DoT and DoH resolves. There is information here: https://aa.net.uk/dns
DNS over HTTP and DNS over TLS
Andrews & Arnold does not yet support DoH or DoT. This page is work in progress.
Help with browsers and devices
- Scroll down to Network Setting...
- Scroll down and tick 'Enable DNS over HTTPS' and enter in a Custom provider: https://dns.aa.net.uk/dns-query
Checking your browser
In your Firefox URL bar, type:
about:networking and enter. Then click DNS on the left, and you should see your DNS lookups, and they shoudl have TRR (Trusted Recursive Resolver) listed as true.
DoH is expected to be a feature in Chrome version 78
DoT is supported in Android version 9 and up
- Search for “DNS” in settings search bar
- Go to PrivateDNS setting screen
- Tap 'Private DNS provider hostname', and Set: dns.aa.net.uk
- Click Save
Using DOH with curl
Note: curl version 7.62.0 or above is required, here's an example:
curl --doh-url https://dns.aa.net.uk/dns-query https://www.aa.net.uk
This will download the www.aa.net.uk webpage but would have used the DOH server to resolve the DNS.