This is the support site for Andrews & Arnold Ltd, a UK Internet provider. Information on these pages is generally for our customers but may be useful to others, enjoy!
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here is some steps to take if you have problems with your FTTP service.
Status lights on the Openreach ONT
- See Openreach FTTP ONT for more information about the lights and their meaning on the Openreach ONT.
I have no internet access
If you have no internet access at all on your FTTP service, then try these steps:
- Check the Openreach ONT:-
- the Power light should be on - if not check power cable/switch etc
- the PON (Passive Optical Network) light should be on - if not, check the cables, try a power cycle of the ONT and get in touch.
- the LOS (Loss of service) light should be off - if not, check the cables, try a power cycle of the ONT and get in touch.
- the LAN or PORT1 light should be green - if not check your connection to your router, swap the cable
- More info on the ONT lights here: Openreach FTTP ONT
If lights are as they should be, then the Fibre and ONT should be working OK, time to:
- Check your router:-
- Check the PPP username/password on the router, and restart the router just to be sure.
- Try a laptop/PC plugged in to the ONT instead of your router - set up a new network connection of type PPPoE and use your xxx@a login and password to connect: see PPPoE on a Computer for help in setting up PPPoE on a Computer.
- ...get in touch, email us a photo of the Openreach box and it's lights if possible.
Always worth running a test, even if LOS light is off - there could be a problem further upstream and Openreach may already be aware or we'll need to report a fault:
- Run a test:-
- Our Control Page will allow you to run an 'End to End' test, this may if Openreach's systems detect a fault, in which case, do get in touch. eg: GTC_FTTP_SERVICE_1005 Possible fault in the Openreach network.