Cisco SPA120 & SPA122
- This is similar to the older Linksys PAP2T ATA
- Ensure software is updated, as this does help with the quality of the audio, we upgraded to 1.3.2-XU (014) Jul 2 2013
- Blog post regarding this
- Does seem to work will with the modems on Sky boxes to talk home on.
The screenshots here were taken from a SPA112 which was actually set up to give a Sky box a phone line to call home on.
In short, set it up without echo cancellation, a-law only, no fax detect, no jitter adjust (set to high), UK line impedance, zero gain, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: If your line has a noticeable echo, turning on echo cancellation may assist.
Do not use +44 as part of the username, otherwise the device will not register. You must use 0.
View of the 'quick settings'
- Change RTP Packet Size: to 0.020 (which is 20ms)
- Change FXS Output gain to -3 if modems have problems
- Change the impedance setting to 370_630|310nF