This is the support site for Andrews & Arnold Ltd, a UK Internet provider. Information on these pages is generally for our customers but may be useful to others, enjoy!
VoIP Phones - Yealink DECT
Relevant to: Yealink W60B
The Yealink W60B is a DECT base station aimed at small and medium-sized businesses, is perfectly suitable for home use too. Its main specifications are:
- Up to 8 handsets
- Up to 8 SIP accounts
- Up to 8 simultaneous calls
- Support for additional 'DECT repeaters'
- IPv4 and IPv6
- PoE or Mains plug for power
- Transfer button (allows assistited or blind transfers to other SIP extensions/external numbers)
|As shipped / unconfigured||Once configured|
The PIN is used to register handsets to the base station, and for the handset to access settings from the base station.
By default the Yealink base unit picks up an IP address using DHCP. You can find the IP address from the Handset:
Press OK –> Select the ‘i’ icon (Status) -> select ‘Base’ -> the IP will be shown
On the web interface, go to:
|Label||AAISP (or what ever you like)|
|Display Name||Your Name (or what ever you like)|
|Register Name||Your phone number, +44...|
|Username||Your phone number, +44...|
|Password||Your SIP password|
Repeat this for any other accounts you want to add.
Check the SIP registration status:
Status -> Yealink_W53P_SIP_Config.png
You should the the account Status as 'Registered'
Here you can assign which of your (up to) 8 SIP accounts are to ring which of your (up to) 8 handsets! You can also make up to 8 calls at once, so a single base station can support a small office of people.
Account -> Number Assignment
Other optonal settings
Features -> General Information -> Call Waiting --> set to Disabled Features -> General Information -> Number Of Active Handsets --> Set to 8 (if you have more than 4 handsets) Features -> General Information -> Fwd International --> set to Disable (no need to allow forwarding to international numbers) Features -> Phone Lock --> Add 999 to the list of emergency numbers Settings -> Time&Date -> Time Zone --> 0 GMT Settings -> Time&Date -> Primary Server --> time.aa.net.uk Settings -> Time&Date -> Date Format --> YYYY-MM-DD Settings -> Tones --> Set to Great Britian Account -> Handset Name --> Give a name to each handset, will be displayed on their screen
Transfer a call
The handsets, eg the W53H, have a dedicated 'Transfer' button 'TRAN'. This lets you transfer a call to someone else.
Say you have an incoming call that you've answered, and you want to transfer it to someone else and introdice the caller as you go...
- Answer the incoming call, and find out who they want to be transferred to
- Press the TRAN button
- At this point the caller is put on hold
- Enter in the extension number or full number of who you want to transfer the call to
- Press the Green dial button
- At this point you will be ringing the third party
- If no answer, then you can press the button under End to go back to the original caller
- At this point you can also Blind transfer the call, by pressing the button under Transfer
- Once answered, you can introduce the original caller and press the button under Transfer
DND - Do not disturb
You can enable/disable DND via the handset for each of the SIP accounts allocated to the Yealink handset:
OK --> Call Features (orange) --> Do Not Disturb
There are a few ways to factory reset the Yealink base station:
From web ui
Settings -> Upgrade --> Reset
From a connected handset
OK -> Settings -> System Settings -> Base Reset
You'll need to know the PIN (default is 0000)
From the actual base station
- Unplug the power
- Press and hold the Connect button
- Whilst holding, plug in the power
- Wait until all three lights on the base station are showing as solid green
- Release the connect button
- Wait a further 5 minutes
- Then, reboot the base station by unplugging it from power and plugging it back in
Registering an additional Handset
- Power up handset
- Press the button under 'Reg'
- Hold the button on the Base for 3 seconds
- Handset should then initialise
- Go to the Base station UI and set up the new account:
- Account - Number Assignment - or set up a new account:
- Account - Set Account2 --> Fill in details
- Account - Handset name --> Set the name