VoIP Phones - Grandstream HT8xx
|Supports 302 Redirect||?|
|Tested on FireBrick SIP Server||No|
This is based on the author's experience of the HT801 (bought new in Sep 2018), which is a small unit which provides 1 FXS port and no FXO ports. It does IPv6. Similar units are the HT802 (which has 2 FXS ports), and the HT81x series (which adds a NAT router, and is available with different numbers of FXS ports).
- Basic Settings, Internet Protocol, select Both, prefer IPv6 (or, if you're brave, select IPv6 Only)
- See https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1061 for UK settings (although you might want to set the NTP Server to time.aa.net.uk as that has IPv6 addresses)
- Can support pulse dialling handsets - FXS Port, Enable Pulse Dialing, select Yes
- Can send BT CLID to handsets, see UK settings link above
Firewall & Security
- You will also want to set up firewall rules, as per the VoIP Firewall page.
- Also see the VoIP Security page for information about securing your VoIP service.
- You can have an IP address whitelist and blacklist for web, telnet, and ssh access to the ATA. Unfortunately it only accepts IPv4 address ranges. Basic Settings, Web/SSH Access, White List for WAN Side, similar for blacklist.