Data SIM Features
Our 4G LTE data SIMS have the following features:
- Small monthly cost (usage is on top)
- Fixed/static public IPs
- Additional routed blocks of IPs
- Alongside our DSL services, IP addresses can fallback from the ADSL to the SIM for failover
- Custom printed cards are available
- Wholesale options (e.g. routing to our own LNS via L2TP)
- No filtering
- No blocked ports
- No NAT
- 4G LTE enabled (since the end of January 2017)
More details and ordering on our main website.
Data SIMs are provided on a full size SIM card with push out mini-SIM, and within that a push out micro-SIM. We also print the nano-SIM outline.
The APN need not be set in the UK, if required then set to:
Username and password are not normally needed unless using as ADSL backup or with corporate L2TP relay (see below).
The IPv4 is allocated automatically. The legacy IP (i.e. our end of PPP link) is usually not meaningful and may show as 10.64.64.64. We can route blocks of IPv4s as well. Full 1500 byte MTU is supported.
The Data SIM only works on 3G or 4G LTE, and is using the Three network. Do check their web site for coverage details. 4G/LTE is enabled by default on the SIMs and can't be disabled
SIMs can take roughly 30 minutes to suspend or activate from the Control Panel.