These pages are about the DGA0122 and the DWA0120. These two routers are similar, the main difference being that the DGA0122 does not have the analogue phone ports for VoIP.
DGA0122 and DWA0120
AAISP started selling the DGA0122 in December 2020. Supply problems (Due to Brexit) did mean a lack of stock in January 2021 and the DWA0120 was supplied as an alternative. The two are similar, so rather than having separate pages for the two models, we're combining the information for both here.
- DGA0122 has two analogue telephone ports for VoIP support
- 4x 10/100M/1,000M ports.
- Modem supports VDSL (FTTC) and ADSL/ADSL2+ (Not G.Fast)
- WiFi is:
- 2.4GHz WiFi-4, (2x2) IEEE 802.11n
- 5GHz, WiFi-5, (3x3) IEEE 802.11ac
- 2 FXS ports, for connecting an analogue phone to a VoIP account DGA0122 only
- ADSL1, ADSL2+
- VDSL (FTTC)
- G.Fast - using the Ethernet WAN port connected to an existing G.FAST modem
- FTTP, FTTPoD - using the Ethernet WAN port to the fibre termination 'modem'
Bridge mode: The automatic A&A configuration will not configure these routers as 'bridge'. If you want to use your own PPPoE router. In this case our basic ZyXEL is a better choice, or you can configure it manually: https://support.aa.net.uk/DGA0122_Bridge_Mode
Admin and WiFi passwords
We ship the router with a basic configuration which is just enough to get the router to log in to us and fetch its full configuration for your line. There are settings on the control pane which can set the SSID, passwords etc, but until the router has been sent its full configuration it is in an 'unconfigured' state.
|As shipped / unconfigured||Once configured|
|IP:||192.168.1.1||192.168.1.1 or your public block|
|Username:||admin (or engineer for some superpowers)|
|Password:||as stated on the rear panel||as printed on the A&A card|
Bugs & workarounds
We've identified a couple of bugs and have listed them here: