With most VoIP problems it is best to contact Support. However, here are a few pointers:
Unable to register
- Check username and password carefully. (Typically the username is the full phone number in international format, eg +44.....)
- See the General VoIP settings page for registration details
- See the VoIP clients page to see if your VoIP phone is listed and has any special notes
- Check if your router has a SIP ALG - see: Disable_SIP_ALG
One way audio is usually due to network issues where NAT is in use.
ie, if the IP of your phone is (for example) 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x or 172.x.x.x then your phone is probably behind a NAT router.
- Take a look at the VoIP NAT page for help with this and what we'd advise.
- Check if your router has a 'SIP ALG' enabled. Disable this if so. See: Disable SIP ALG
Calls breaking up (intermittent audio)
Generally audio problems such as calls breaking up are due to to the quality of the Internet connected that is being used. Diagnostics should first be concentrated on how well the internet connection is working.
- Try removing everything from your broadband router and directly plug in a single phone in to the router - this will eliminate the local network