A number can be set to always to go voicemail where the caller hears a message before any phones are rung.
In the VoIP settings, if there is a fail number set and no also ring then the fail number is used immediately after the announcement.
Accessing This Feature
Access is via the Control Pages as follows:
- Log in to the Control Pages with your xxx@a login
- Click on the Number you want to configure
- Click the 'Incoming Tab'
- Set Voicemail to 'Always'
- Ignore the format option, as a recording will not be sent to you
- Ensure not to set an email address in the Email To box
- Leave the also-ring boxes empty
- Set a 'Fail' Number to the number you wish to call once the message has been played
- Click save
To record the announcement, see: VoIP - Voicemail